Quick Pork Chop Dinner Recipe

I haven't posted any recipes on my blog before, but this one was fast, easy, and both of my kids loved it! I originally got it from cooks.com, but I made a couple of changes.

FAST PORK CHOPS CASSEROLE 
6 - 8 pork chops
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
Seasonings to taste: salt, pepper, garlic salt
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 (4 oz.) can mushroom stems and pieces (drained)
1 (16 oz.) can whole potatoes (drained)
1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen English peas (thawed)

Brown chops in oil 3 to 5 minutes, arrange chops in a 13 x 9x 2 inch dish. Combine soup and remaining ingredients spoon over chops. Cover and bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes (note - you can use veg-all or frozen mixed vegetables).


I made 5 chops, just because that's how many I need to feed my family. 
I also used Webers Steak and Chop Seasoning(LOVE that stuff) to season them, and that's it since it has salt and pepper and other goodnesses in it.
 I seasoned generously, but I always say go according to your tastes, not a predetermined amount on these things. 
Then I lightly floured(not enough to make a crunchy coating) and fried in vegetable oil for about 5 minutes on each side.
 While they were cooking I mixed up the sauce- I used one can of cream of mushroom but will definitely increase to 2 in the future, about 1tsp of Worcestershire sauce, 1 can of mushrooms, and about 1/2 bag of frozen peas. 
I omitted the potatoes just because it didn't sound appealing at the moment, and I added about 1 can's worth of water to the mixture to loosen up the soup.
I put the chops in the  baking dish, poured sauce over, covered with foil and baked at 350 for about 30 minutes. Then I uncovered and cooked about 10 minutes more.
 I also made rice on the stove and served the chops and sauce over it, super yummo!


 I know this would be more convincing with a photo, but it got eaten before I even thought to post about how good it was. Maybe next time I make it I'll get a picture before it disappears...

0 thoughtful comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughtful comments make my day, so leave me some love!


up