31 Days of my XTi | Day 4 - Aperture Priority

Hey there! Day 4, and we're looking at the next creative mode on the wheel..Av-aperture priority. This is my favorite to shoot in, because it adjusts the shutter speed based on the aperture that you set by turning the dial. I love LOVE bokeh in my photos, and this helps me get it pretty easily.  If you didn't already know this: bokeh is that blurriness you see in the background of a picture, when the subject of the photo is in focus and the background is not. I just set my aperture to the lowest number it will go to ( low number=wide open), and the camera does the rest. The lowest number you can get depends on the limits of your lens, and the lighting available.  Sometimes bokeh can be challenging to get with a kit lens, but that's a topic for another day.
Here are my examples:

This one was taken at f 3.5 1/100

This was taken at f 22 1/6

In the first shot nothing behind Baby Que is in focus, and in the second you can see detail all the way back.  It really all depends on what kind of effect you want, and what your subject is. If you decide to give this a try leave me a comment and tell me how it went! 

0 thoughtful comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughtful comments make my day, so leave me some love!


up